2015 is a week away, and a new year comes with new opportunities and new goals. According to USA.gov, the most popular New Year’s Resolutions among Americans include:
- Losing weight
- Reducing debt
- Quitting smoking
- Getting fit
- Getting education/a better job
Not all resolutions are successful, however, and a majority of New Year’s goals are not met. Here are some pointers:
- Set realistic goals. Setting goals that are too hard to achieve will be discouraging and you will be unlikely to make any progress at all. Defining your goal is also crucial. How many hours a week will you spend volunteering? What does “fit” mean, exactly? Without realistic definitions, your vague goal will likely never be met.
- Focus your efforts. It’s unrealistic and overwhelming to make a giant list of everything you want to change in your life. Set one or two goals and direct your efforts on them. Once you accomplish those, you can set new goals. But setting too many goals from the start means you’ll probably spread yourself too thin and get worn out before any goals are accomplished.
- The “how” is just as important as the “what.” How will you meet your goal? What steps are required? How will you find the time or the money to complete your resolution? What habits need to be set? Determining a reasonable action plan is just as important as deciding on the goal itself.
- Work towards your goal daily. Putting effort towards your goal daily means that you make your goal a habit, and little by little it can be accomplished. Physical reminders of your resolution can also be helpful. Some gyms and trainers use Reminderbands as fitness motivation or workout reminders. Other people order a custom bracelet with a personalized message on it to keep their goal or mantra for the year in mind.
Do you have other ideas for making and keeping New Year’s resolutions? What are your goals for this upcoming year?
Keep your New Year’s resolution close at hand… literally. Put a personal reminder or inspirational phrase or image on your wrist with a Reminderband silicone wristband. Whether it’s a family mantra, a company aim or a personal resolution, keep your goals for the new year at the forefront of your thoughts with custom wristbands.
With a minimum order of just one, wristbands are infinitely customizable. Make your own bracelet with a custom color, phrase and logo or symbol. Other possible customizations include marbled silicone, camouflage pattern, extra-wide Phat bands, tricolor, golf/tire tread, heart-shaped wristbands, color-fill… the list goes on and on.
Here are some ideas for personal wristbands from former Reminderband customers:
“ReminderBand is a great company. They handle small orders with respect and efficiency. The quality of the bands, colors and fills are the best that I have seen. I am very happy with their service!”
Jim from Los Angeles, CA
“Absolutely love my Reminderband, looks great, with a subtle message of motivation. I wear it 24/7”
Kyl from Phoenix, AZ
“I love Reminder band. This is my second year getting a Reminder band. I wore my first reminder band last year 24/7. I had my new years goal on it, and with it always on my wrist, I kept my new years eve goals all year! These bands are durable and stylish and amazingly affordable! I’ll continue to get my wristbands from Reminder band! Thanks!”
Samantha Larsen from Burley, ID
“Unparalleled customer service and product quality. I always have and always will, use and promote Reminderband.”
CJ from Pasadena, TX
“I made a small purchase from ReminderBand and was still treated as if I were ordering 1 million! Customer service was great, prices are great, and it shipped on time! Excellent company 🙂 ”
Trevor from Sarasota, FL
“Great product, loved the bands you made. Fast shipping, job well done. You made 100 bands for a school, and 1 band for me, and everything was seamless. Was very happy that you could make a hundred or just one. Prices were the best of all I checked on the web. I will certainly do business with you again. Thanks”
Jane from Minneapolis, MN