Ever wondered what the meaning is behind the increasing amount of purple bracelets these days?
Purple is one of our most oft-requested colors, from custom wristbands to keychains. While most are part of a cause or campaign they’re trying to promote, many are using purple awareness wristbands for their own personal reasons.
Since we fancy ourselves experts in the realm of awareness bracelets, we decided to talk about some of the most commonly-used reasons for purple bands. In no particular order, here are the Top 8 uses and ideas for purple bracelets:
- Epilepsy Awareness – Along with some other notable conditions, this particular item doesn’t get quite enough exposure. Lots of great groups out there are working hard to change that.
- Lupus Awareness – Purple has rapidly become associated with Lupus, and we’ve even featured some of the campaigns working to support the cause to get the word out there.
- Animal Safety/Shelters – Promoting a respected animal shelter or practices that encourage the rescue, treatment, and safety of animals has been another popular idea for folks to get behind. Many have even had their own logo engraved onto the wristband for that added flare.
- Pancreatic Cancer – Whether it’s for Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month in November, or just a way of rallying and supporting a family member, friend, or cancer-fighting community, purple ribbons and wristbands have been well-established as a symbol for this cancer. Common phrases like “Celebrate Hope” are sure to reach a wide audience.
- Find a Cure – If it’s for Pancreatic cancer or another condition that needs more treatment and research encouragement, a ribbon keychain or wristband with “Find a Cure” imprinted on it is a colorful and striking way to support the cause.
- Alzheimer’s Awareness – Here’s another one that a lot of wonderful people are working to support. Today, the number of people affected by Alzheimer’s is around 5.4 million. Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month is in November.
- End Domestic Violence – “Recognize. Report it. Prevent it.” These have been used for some time to give courage and support to victims and those who are aware of a situation which needs to be reported. We’ve seen a myriad of talented groups working hard to spread the word about various causes involving this issue.
- Because You Really Like Purple – Sometimes you don’t have a cause to promote and you just need some wristbands for an event, fundraiser, family reunion, or Disneyland trip, or as your own personal Medical Alert ID Bracelet. We get it, Purple is in. We’ve customized boatloads of them for folks since 2004, and the popularity factor is still going strong!
Did we leave any big ones out? Let us know in the comments. As always, our products are 100% silicone and fully customizable. Use our free stock art and fonts, or take it to the next level by using your very own design. Try our builder at reminderband.com to get a preview of your creation. It’s a blast!
Free Awareness Pendant or Keychain
In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, we’re offering a free pink ribbon pendant or pink ribbon keychain to those who have battled breast cancer.
Use the promo code HOPE10 at checkout. (Please note that this offer does not include shipping or extras such as color-fill.) Limit one pendant or keychain per customer.
Our silicone ribbon pendants and keychains are 2.75″ and 2″ tall, respectively. They can be customized with text, artwork, or logos, or left plain. We’re excited to offer this promotion and to release this new product!