A number of celebrities, including movie stars and musicians, help use their platform of popularity to increase awareness about causes that are near and dear to their hearts. Years ago Princess Diana came to the aid of thousands, supporting charity relief work and AIDS awareness. Even though Princess Diana is gone, her memory and dedication to charity continues to persevere. Today, some of the most popular celebrity figures to support charitable causes include:
- John Legend – Mr. Legend is a devout supporter of LIFEbeat, Global Fund, Second Harvest, Peace One Day, Malaria No More and Live Earth.
- George Clooney – A devout supporter of the United Way, Mr. Clooney is also on the board of trustees and supports other groups such as Ante up for Africa, CARE and Rock for Darfur.
- Sir Elton John – A longtime friend to Princess Diana’s, the Elton Johns AIDS Foundation has helped raise more than $150 million in more than 55 countries. Mr. John also supports Move for AIDS, MusiCares, War Child and Kids.
- Ellen DeGeneres – While funny on television, she’s serious about her charity support off screen. She devoutly supports human and animal rights, and is an activist against suffrage movements.
- Brad Pitt – Mr. Pitt’s lengthy list of charities includes fostering, adoption, organ donation, human rights, weapons reduction and many more. He also donated to the Hurricane Katrina devastation relief funds and the rebuilding of New Orleans, Cure Autism Now, ONE Campaign, Boys’ and Girls’ Clubs of Canada and the Mineseeker Foundation.
- Bono – Not just the lead singer of the cult-classic group U2, this music legend supports Live 8, Mencap, DATA, Zero Hunger and Witness.
- Former President Bill Clinton – Former President Clinton founded The Clinton Foundation Climate Change Initiative, the Clinton Global Initiative and the William J. Clinton Foundation, which has a special focus on cancer and HIV/AIDS.
- President Barrack Obama – President Obama has helped donate money towards a cure for neurofibromatosis, supports CARE and KIDS.
- Annie Lennox – Once simply a pop diva, this British musical talent is a force to be reckoned with. She raises money for Amnesty International, Greenpeace, Nelson Mandela’s 46664 Foundation and the British Red Cross. She is also the recipient of the British Services to Humanity Award, bestowed upon her in 2008.
- Angelina Jolie – As a Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nation’s Refugee Agency, Ms. Jolie donates time and assistance to humanitarian crises around the world, including Doctors without Borders and Global Action for Children.
In working to support fundraisers and charities, many support groups have turned to utilizing awareness bracelets, which are simply rubber bracelets (wristbands) that serve as promotional bands. Reminderband offers a wide selection of sizes, colors and designs, perfect for helping spread the word about organizations, causes and fundraising events.
Colored wristbands are not just for kids and teens. They can also be for adults for like to make a strong statement or support a cause. These silicone bracelets were popularized in 2004 by the Livestrong bracelets, which started the trend of using customizable wristbands to promote a charity or a cause.
So if you’re wondering if promotional wristbands can also be used for your company or organization, here are a few reasons why:
- Personalized designs. With Reminderband, you don’t need to order large amounts to get the bracelet design you want. You can order just 1. Of course, the more you order, the more you save on the cost for every unit. You can have fun designing your customizable wristband and find satisfaction in being able to create a unique product.
- Versatility. These custom silicone bracelets can be worn by kids and adults alike. This can be used by companies who want to advertise or by civic and non-profit organizations who want to increase awareness for a certain cause. Families and groups can also use these for reunions, festivals and fairs. Concert or event organizers can outfit their team with these bracelets for added security and to restrict access to key areas only to authorized personnel. These bracelets can also be used in memory of a departed loved one or to be reminded of your group’s motto. You can even use these wristbands to make self-affirmation statements. Some enterprising couples have also been known to have uniquely designed wristbands as one of their wedding favors.
- More advertising mileage for your budget. These highly affordable awareness bracelets provide more bang for your advertising buck. Promotional wristbands only come at a minimal cost per unit so that it can easily be distributed as giveaways.
- Great for fundraising. These are not called fundraiser bracelets for nothing. With its minimal per unit cost, this can be given as gifts to generous donors. In turn, these donors get a beautiful bracelet that they can proudly wear so that they can proclaim their support for their chosen cause.
- Durability. These wristbands are made of 100% silicone and will last a long time. They can be worn in the sun, in the shower, in hot or cold weather. These can be worn for days (or even weeks) without the need for taking them off. For silk-screened bracelets, the paint used is designed to stretch with use so that it does not easily peel off. Debossed wristbands are even more durable, as the wordings and designs are molded into the bracelet. The design is recessed into the bracelet itself.
- Coolness factor. Wearing Reminderband’s bracelets ups anyone’s coolness factor. With its attractive color and unique design, you and your customers can proudly wear these and feel confident. Kids love how the wristbands give them a sense of belonging. It’s like proclaiming “I am a fan of…?” “I support ….”
- Fun. Kids and kids at heart love how the bracelets exude a certain air of fun. Wearers can also mix and match wristbands of various colors.
Fairs, church or school events, reunions and festivals are made even more special with the addition of customized silicone wristbands. These nifty wristbands can be used as effective marketing materials – employees and customers can wear them and promote your cause or brand. These wristbands are easily seen and noticed, especially if they are brightly colored. It can also hold your organization’s logo, name and tagline.
When ordering your customizable wristbands, there are a few simple reminders you have to remember to avoid any glitches:
– Determine the overall design and look you would want your silicone wristband to have. There are a number of design decisions to be made:
- Text and design. What is the text and design you would like the bracelet to have? Be sure to have a high-resolution copy of the artwork you want included. Also, each side of the bracelet can hold up to 25 characters.
- Wristband type. There are standard wristbands, as well as heart-shaped wristbands, dual-layer wristbands, silkscreen wristbands and textured wristbands.
- Color. Choose from Reminderband’s 32 standard colors. However, if you desire to have wristbands of a particular color, Reminderband can create custom-colored silicone bands. There is a minimum requirement of 200 units for custom-colored orders. You also have the option for color combinations and multiple colors marbleized together.
- Specifications. Wristbands come in different widths (.4” or .5”) and circumferences (5 7/8” for children, 7 3/8” or 8 3/8” for adults. There are also Phat wristbands that are 1inch wide.
– Determine the number of silicone bracelets you need. Remember, the more you order, the lower the cost per unit. Ask, what is the purpose of the wristbands? What market is it trying to reach? How wide is the scope that the wristbands are intending to reach? If these are for your employees, how many employees are currently in the company and are expected to be added to the team in the near future?
– Consider the timeline. If you need the wristbands for a particular event, it will be helpful to order them well in advance. Depending on the size of the orders, as well as the type of bracelet being ordered, it’s best to order at least 4 weeks in advance, although standard orders usually have a 1-week turnaround time. Color-fill debossing and very large orders will require an additional week. This will give you with extra time allowances for any possible glitches.
– Choose a company with a good reputation for quality, speedy delivery and excellent customer service. Reminderband is the company you can trust for your customized silicone wristband needs. Another consideration in choosing a company is the additional charges that may be tacked onto the bill, such as the mold charges or set-up fees. Reminderband does not have any hidden charges.
Reminderbrand’s personalized silicone bracelets are made of high-quality 100% silicone. This means you, your employees, members or employers can enjoy the bracelets for a long time.
“I am a strong, independent woman.” “I choose love.” “I will make healthy, positive choices for myself.” “I can quit smoking.” “I am loved.” “I can do anything I put my mind to.”
Affirmations can become self-fulfilling prophesies. You see, how we think and look at ourselves have a distinct effect on our attitudes and how we behave and react. Our upbringing and environment have a strong impact on how we perceive ourselves and the things around us.
“You’re fat.” “You can’t do it.” “You’re a klutz.” These negative statements are sometimes some things we repeat to ourselves, however subconsciously. These negative scripts (whether there is some truth to them or not) affect our behavior and how we see ourselves.
Self-affirmations are a way for you to counter negative thoughts you may subconsciously have. It is important to face the mirror and look yourself in the eye and make a positive statement about yourself. This can help you condition your mind to see yourself in a more positive light and undermine any negative beliefs you may have of yourself. Then you can act in a more positive way and make major changes in your life, for the better.
Here are some things you can do to make positive affirmations about yourself:
- Take stock of yourself. Look at areas in your life you are happy about and areas you would like to improve. Ask, “What kind of life do I want to have?” Make a list of things that are important to you. Take a look of what you think are your negative qualities. This can come from how you perceive yourself and the comments and criticisms you have received. Remember, nobody’s perfect and it’s alright to have flaws. After all, you are human. You don’t need to make a judgment of whether these negative perceptions are true or not.
- Take stock of your goals. Try to match your positive qualities with the goals you have and see how your positive qualities can help towards achieving these goals. If you want to improve your career, you can study what qualities you have can help you improve your career. You can say, “I am a determined, hardworking person.”
- Write down releasing affirmations. You can start letting go of negative self-perceptions by making releasing affirmations. You can say, “I’m leaving the past behind.” Or “I am moving on and moving forward.”
- Write down positive affirmations. Study each of the items you listed down and then write a positive statement for each item. For negative items, you can turn this around and make a positive statement about it. For instance, if you wrote down good health, you can say, “I will make healthy life choices.” Or “I will lose weight!”. If you want to kick a bad health habit such as smoking, you can say, “I can overcome this habit.” If you feel particularly insecure, you can say, “I am significant.” “I am cherished.”
- Make these affirmations prominent in your thoughts. Say your affirmations regularly. Look at yourself in the mirror as you make these statements. Post it in areas where you can easily see it. Wear it with you! Custom wristbands are an excellent way for you to affirm yourself regularly. With Reminderbrand’s custom silicone wristbands, you can have these self-affirmation statements with you every day. The advantage is that these silicone bracelets are durable and highly visible. You can order one or a few, with the prices going down as your order increases.
Here are some samples of affirmation statements you can have in your customizable wristband:
- I love my work.
- I love my body.
- The world is my oyster. I will look for opportunities around me.
- Fortune favors the brave. I will be brave.
- My life is filled with joy and peace.
- I am worth it.
- I open myself up to goodness and love.
- I feel great! It’s wonderful to be alive.
Customized wristbands are all the rage nowadays! Usually made of silicone, these promotional bands are an excellent way to promote a cause or raise funds for your organization. Your customers or employees can also help spread the word about your brand as they wear these silicone bracelets.
The question is, when you are given the opportunity to make your own bracelet, what design would be best for your brand? Here are some of the choices available at Reminderbrand:
- Debossed silicone wristbands. The message or design you want for your brand is etched or recessed into the material. This is done by creating a mold so that the message is sunken rather than embossed into the bracelet. Although debossed wristbands are a more expensive choice when compared to other types of silicone bracelets, it is more durable with the message or logo remaining firmly intact even after extended use. You also have an option to color fill the debossed message or logo.
- Phat wristbands. Proclaim your message just a little louder and more prominently with a Phat wristband. Made from silicone, these wristbands are thicker so that you can have more space for your debossed message.
- Sandy heart wristband. Wear your heart on your sleeve, or wrist, as the case may be. These are heart-shaped silicone wristbands with debossed letters.
- Dual-layer wristband. This allows debossed messaging both inside and outside of the bracelet. This is actually two debossed bands stuck together. The outside debossing could also be done so that the message bears the color of the inside band.
- Screen printed wristband. Using silk screen, this band features colors in your design or message. It is also less expensive as compared to debossed or laser wristbands. You can have more details in the bracelet design and also opt for a glossy effect for the surface. The paint used in the screen printing is designed to stretch along with the silicone and are long lasting.
- Debossed tire band. This black wristband has a tire-like texture with a portion where your message or logo can be displayed.
- Golf debossed wristband. This has golf ball-like dimples with a section for your debossed message. This can be one or two colors.
- Multi-color wristbands. Show your organization’s or company’s colors with a multi-colored wristband with debossing.
- Marbleized wristbands. This is a multi-colored wristband where the colors are marbleized together.
Reminderbrand’s custom wristbands or promotional bands are excellent not just for advertising purposed but also for memorials, reunions, festivals and other events, community or religious groups and sports teams. With us, you are assured of a quick and easy ordering process, as well as speedy delivery and quality service.
Reminderbrand’s wristbands are made with 100% silicone and are so tough you, your organization and customers can enjoy wearing them for years to come. This comes in various sizes, including children’s sizes. You can choose from a wide range of colors, as well as camouflage designs and glow in the dark bands.
Reminderband specializes in creating custom wristbands, including promotional bands and fundraiser bracelets. These bands are the ideal way to help youth sports raise money through fundraising efforts. Reminderband has selected the top five ways for youth sports groups to successfully raise money for their sporting programs.
- Silicone Bracelets – These are available in mass quantities for a relatively minimal investment. These are easily customizable and can include team names, youth sport activities (“Make it to the championship!”) and even team mottos (“Go Cats!”). Silicone wristbands are especially popular with young adults and offer an ideal advertising platform. Promotional bands can be sold for mere dollars each at a profit, and while the initial investment is under two quarters, teams are ensured their fundraiser will be financially beneficial and productive. It’s a win-win situation.
- Car Washes – The time honored tradition to help sporting groups raise money is to sponsor a car wish in the spring and summer months, a much-needed time for dirt, debris and dust to be wiped clean. Most people are glad to receive a car wash and donate to a good cause, such as local youth sports. Consider football league car washes, cheerleaders, chess club, baseball, wrestling, basketball, softball and baseball – these are all excellent sports to help raise awareness and money for local sporting groups.
- Cookie Dough Fundraisers – One of the most popular fundraising efforts on the market, some youth sports teams have been known to earn upwards of $10,000 by simply holding a single cookie dough fundraiser. First, who doesn’t love cookie dough (think chocolate chip and double chocolate) and second, who wouldn’t want to contribute to local youth sporting leagues?
- Fundraising Auctions – Instead of placing items on eBay, Craig’s List or Freecycle, why not ask people to donate items for a good cause? These items can then be sold at a publicized fundraising auction, helping benefit the community through youth sports. Even asking an auctioneer to volunteer to run the auction or simply holding a silent auction are great alternatives to paying a fortune for public auction services.
- Events – Community events, such as barbeques, dances or live bands, are a great way to draw people in from the community and request donations for youth sports. Depending upon what interests the community, youth sporting groups could hold holiday festivals (Halloween, Christmas, Easter and 4th of July), casino nights, church youth events, discos or simply community-style picnics. Selecting appropriate activities based on community interest is important to maximize the audience and fundraising potentials.
Donating money to children’s sporting events helps to provide valuable funds for extracurricular activities. These activities help keep children out of trouble, help them earn a resume towards college, promote team-building activities and teach the essence of team spirit.
Silicone wristbands are great items for business branding, expanding business presence, and enhancing business-to-customer relationship and interaction. Here are three great ideas for using custom wristbands in your business branding activities:
- Local charity fundraisers. Customers love businesses that contribute to their local communities. Contributing to local charities and community initiatives that are important to you shows responsibility and awareness and is likely to increase the positive perception people have of your business. After partnering with your local charity or organization consider customizing charity bands with your business logo then placing them on your checkout counter. Let your customers know that your bands are going towards a great cause. At the end of the day, you will have accumulated funds for your favorite local charity, while expanding business awareness and increasing customer appreciation.
- Free gifts. An alternative to the charity fundraising idea, is to simply leave a lovely jar of free silicone wristbands on your checkout counter. Make sure the bands are attractively designed with your pertinent business details on them. A business logo and name can be enough. This is a simple way to pleasantly engage customers while expanding business awareness.
- Giveaways at trade shows & business expos. At a business expo or tradeshow, it’s your business’s chance to look its best before throngs of people gathered in one place at one time. Many other businesses will have free gifts and business giveaways at their booths ready to handout to visitors. You increase competition by offering a creative and fun giveaway to the people that visit your booth. Silicone bracelets make excellent giveaways. They spread your business name and logo far and wide, and convert visitors into potential customers.
It’s March – which is Women’s History Month. Businesses, organizations, and institutions across the nation and around the world, in fact, are celebrating women and their contributions to our communities. If you are participating in the celebrations, there are plenty of ways you can use silicone wristbands to commemorate this special month. And if you have nothing planned, it may not be too late to start planning; and there is always next year!
- Business. If you are a business, show your support of Women’s History Month by giving out silicone bracelets! These could be special bracelets with empowering sayings for women, or which show gratitude for the women in your community. Your customers would really appreciate this small gesture, which can end up going a long way. Also consider putting your business logo on the wristbands.
- Groups and Clubs. Girls and women groups and clubs are especially busy at this time of year – it is a time that they can invite community into conversation about the things that these groups are focusing on every day of the year. Giving silicone wristbands are one way these groups can raise awareness about their work, issues, or concerns at a conference, special exhibit, or showcase.
- Empowerment. Women’s History Month is also a great time of year for girls and women empowerment groups. Customized bracelets are especially ideal for these groups because they are a great way to motivate the young girls and women who are needing the most support in our communities. Each bracelet can carry an important, relevant message of empowerment to a young girl or woman.
- At School. Schools across the nation will be taking the opportunity to educate students about women’s history, as well as to host and facilitate many women’s history events. If you are a school administrator or teacher, you may consider using Women’s History Month custom wristbands to motivate and inspire your students during this month.
Silicone bracelets are both stylish and nifty wrist-wear that are excellent for encouraging group spirit, gaining attention, and getting support – all things that usually mean a lot to a school-associated club or event. Here are some great ideas for using silicone wristbands for your school club or event:
Identification: Custom bracelets are ideal for providing identification for group members. At a large function, members of your group will quickly and easily stand out amongst the crowd if they are all wearing wristbands. Your bands may be an alternative to wearing group T-Shirts at an event, or stylishly complement your group T-shirts complete with identical colors and your logo.
Group Pride: There is nothing like team spirit – and custom bracelets are ideal for their ability to instill a sense of pride in their wearers. Bracelets that are uniquely designed to represent your school group or club can be further personalized with sayings that remind each individual why they are part of the group.
Raising Awareness: Whether it is for an upcoming event, a school fair, concert, or a student leadership campaign, silicone bands are great for raising awareness. They are eye-catchy, invite conversation and generate interest.
Raising Funds. Does your club need equipment that is outside of your school’s budget? Or do you need money to participate in a national tournament? Silicone bands make great fundraisers. They are visually attractive, and fashionable. They carry your motivational sayings and your awesome club logos, or school mascots. They spread news and are economical. All of these points are what make your wristbands a great way to raise some money for your school initiative.
It’s that time of year again! Everywhere you look, you see eggs, flowers, and rabbits! You could say the Ground Hog has some competition in announcing the approach of spring – who could it be? None other than the Easter Rabbit! Easter is a wonderfully fun holiday with tons of religious celebrations, community and family festivities, parties, and of course plenty of great child-focused Easter activities.
Although Easter time is one of festivity, many moms don’t want to encourage their little ones to eat too much candy. There are plenty of great alternatives to candy for gift bags, Easter baskets, and for stuffing Easter eggs for egg hunts. Along withideas like small toys, colorful erasers, and raisins, fun, attractive silicone wristbands fit right on the list of great candy-alternatives!
In addition to serving as egg-hunting egg stuffers, and gift items, silicone wristbands can help to reinforce the importance of Easter to children. If your family, or religious group host or facilitate important religious gatherings at this time, custom religious bracelets may be a powerful way to reinforce important spiritual ideologies or religious lessons for children.
Reminderbrand sells child-sized customized silicone bracelets in most of our wristband styles including debossed, plain, multi-colored, marbleized and silkscreen. Child-sized wristbands are also available in over 30 colors or custom colors of your choosing. If you are interested in creating fun child-friendly silicone wristbands for your Easter celebrations, give us a call today!