1. Put a special phrase on the band that has significance or can take on significance for the group.
– It could be clever such as “Made in USA with German Parts”.
– It can be a word that has meaning to the family such as: “Hansen Legacy – 2013”
– It can state the number of people in the family such as “JOHNSON – 52 Strong.”
– It could state geography such as “BENSON – 8 states, 2 continents”.
4. Use the bands to play games such as the following:
– Wristband Toss – player tosses the band and tries to get it to loop over a water bottle
– Wristband Bottle Lift Relay – Family units compete by tying string to four areas of the band. The group works in unison by pulling the band to make a large enough circle that it can wrap around a water bottle. Once wrapped around the bottle, the group transports the bottle to a ‘Finish Line’
– Wristband Roll – See who can roll the band farthest
– Wristband Rubberband Contest – Place band on thumb and pull back with other hand and let go. See who can flip it the farthest.
– Wristband Word Contest – Break the family up into groups or individuals. See who can make the most words from the letters on the band. Clarify if they can use the letters from the inside of the band or not
5. Make wristbands a tradition for your family, and encourage members to wear their bands from previous years. After a while, you’ll have members looking like the young woman below. 🙂