As senior high school classes are beginning to wrap up their last remaining weeks before graduation, juniors are beginning to gear up for future fundraising efforts over the summer and fall months. These funds often help support school activities, sporting events, dances and event outings.
Instead of trying the same tried and boring fundraising ideas, consider taking a unique approach to fundraising, including:
- Low-End Events – Instead of having gourmet-style dinners, consider embracing the last food truck trends. These corn dog booths, taco stands and donut trucks are less expensive, provide more interaction and ultimately attract a wider audience and crowd, drawing a more community-style event.
- Reverse Raffles – Instead of offering an expensive car or gift that was painstaking donated by a community member, reverse raffles afford everyone in attendance the ability to receive a raffle ticket – free of charge! What is the catch? Instead of winning an awesome prize, the recipient receives a gag gift – much like a White Elephant party. For example, the winner has to dance with the team’s mascot, wear a band uniform and march with the band or simply dance with a group of clowns. At the end of the evening, guests can “sell” their tickets back for donations. After all, who wouldn’t gladly sell their tickets back to save a little fun-filled embarrassment?
- Direct Action – Instead of simply asking people to donate money, ask people to donate to a direct cause. For example, the football team needs new sporting equipment, the school is seeking donations to purchase supplies for needy children, etc.
- Work – Instead of simply asking for donations, asking people to donate work is a great way to involve the community in school spirit, volunteerism and fundraising.
- Certified Mailings – Consider mailing out donation requests to alumni members, as this is a direct route to people who completed the school system, have good memories of the community and want to sponsor the latest graduating class.
Reminderband offers the latest styles and varieties of silicone bracelets, which are perfect “gifts” for people who are offering donations to local schools. These fundraiser bracelets can be personalized and offer custom bracelets for individual schools and/or graduating classes.