The first silicone wristbands that were introduced to America were in 2004 and were the distinct yellow “Livestrong” rubber wristbands that were a global symbol for defeating cancer and essentially, living strong. Since that time, silicone bracelets have become a favorite among kids, teens, young adults and adults worldwide. Why has this phenomenon become so popular?
- These bracelets are made from natural silicone rubber. They are elastic, not easily broken, are not susceptible to high temperatures and have an easy wear-ability factor.
- Awareness bracelets are unscented and virtually harmless. Silicone is known as being environmentally friendly, making it an excellent choice for people in today’s environmentally conscious world.
- Silicone wristbands are often associated with promotional activities, organized events, music concerts and sports. In fact, as a blank canvas, promotional band wristbands can convey a number of meanings, pledges, saying and mottos.
- Many corporate conglomerates have used silicone wristbands to advertise products. This includes McDonalds, Puma and even Nike.
- As wristbands are fashionable but inexpensive, it makes them extremely cost-efficient to mass-produce. This is why these types of advertising mediums are such an excellent option for non-profit organizations looking for fun fundraising tools.
While silicone wristbands have developed into modernized jewelry that offers an ideal vessel for advertising, bracelets dates back to 5,000 B.C. Egyptians made bracelets from stones, bones and woods and they often served spiritual and religious interests. The traditional scarab bracelet was the most popular, representing regeneration and rebirth. In fact, Russian archaeologists found several artifacts, including a bracelet, and when carbon tested dated to 40,000 B.P.
Eventually bracelets evolved into using whatever materials and metals were convenient, including weaving string together to form bracelets, which was a common tradition in Bulgaria and Greece. In India, the number of bracelet bangles often denotes a woman’s martial status and in Latin America, the traditional Azabache Bracelets are worn to offer protection against the evil eye.
There are a number of bracelet styles, including charm bracelets, bangles, slap bracelets, beaded bracelets, link bracelets, alternative health bracelets and sports bracelets. The latter is most often associated with silicone wristbands.
Reminderband offers a wide variety of colorful customized wristbands, perfect for companies, organizations, school, non-profit organizations, cancer bracelets, daycares, fundraisers and awareness causes.